Swadhyay Shibir 2020 is ON
Respected Shravak / Shravika
We are glad to inform you that Shibir 2020 is ON. The change of the plan has come after discussion with Shri Deepakbhai.
Melbourne Shwetambar Jain Sangh (MSJS) with the support from Sydney, Perth, Brisbane and Adelaide Jain Sangh, is pleased to invite you to attend and participate in yet another Residential Swadhyay Shibir from 10th to 13th April 2020 (Easter holidays).
This time again, Swadhyay Premi Shree Deepakbhai Shah (Bardoli) will lead us to embark on a spiritual journey through this Swadhyay Shibir and Prabhu Bhakti.
Per discussion with Deepakbhai, we intend to organise these type of Gyan Shibir twice a year, once in Australia during Easter and the other will be in India around Dec-Jan time. Sole objective of Shibir is knowledge gain by every Sadharmik in Australia especially volunteers involved in Sangh activities management.
About Shree Deepakbhai Shah (Bardoli)
From a very young age, Deepakbhai has been closely connected with Jain Sadhu Bhagwant for in depth studies of Jainism. He has been helping many Sadharmik around the world to learn and understand Jain Tatva Gyan via Shibir, Prabhu Bhakti and other religious events. He is well known for his Shasan seva by way of anchoring many religious events including Shibir, Tap Samvedna, Saiyam Anumodana and Shripal Mayna No Raas.
10th April to 13th April 2020 (Easter Holidays 2020)
The Portsea Camp situated at Portsea in Mornington Peninsula, Victoria about 1 hour 15 minutes from Melbourne. The Portsea Camp, in addition to excellent beach view, provides group accommodation facilities with numerous function, meeting rooms and wealth of outdoor based activities. It is a perfect place for residential Shibir. It also allows us to use their excellent kitchen facility to prepare meals according to Jainism principles using our utensils.
For more information please visit their website www.theportseacamp.com.au
The Portsea Camp - 3704 Point Nepean Road, Portsea VIC 3944.
Points to note for Shibir 2020 during Easter are:
- There may be some minor Shibir format changes.
- We intend to get a chef and scholar(s) from India for children activities.
- Early registration will close on Sunday 5th March 2020.
- Morning Ashtaprakari Pooja
- Special Activities for Children
- Meals Provided
- Accommodation - 3 nights & 4 days
- Child Minding will be organised depending on minimum number of participants
Registration cost for Shibir 2020:
Ideally, total cost of such Gyan Shibir should be shared by the participants to make it sustainable especially when we want to do twice a year.
- Age 14+= AUD $350
- Children 4 to 14 = AUD $300
- Children under 3 = AUD $200 (no separate bed)
RSVP should be based on age as at 10/04/2020
Shibir 2020 Team & MSJS Management Committee
Shibir Terms and Conditions:
- This is a Jain Residential Shibir where all participants will follow fundamental principles of Jainism.
- If for ANY reason, you are unable to attend the Shibir after submission of RSVP or need to leave Shibir earlier than the duration stipulated, the total registration amount will be treated as donation to MSJS and same will NOT be refunded.
- If due to any unforeseen circumstances MSJS decides to cancel the Shibir, full amount will be refunded via bank transfer to your nominated account.
- Registration is transferable within the category (Adult (14+), Children up-to 3 years and Children between 3+ & 14). Change or merger of category will not be entertained. In case of transfer, registered participant is required to advise the change of details by email on or before 15th Mar 2020. MSJS will NOT facilitate transfers.
- The usage of term “Shibir” in any MSJS communications refers to Religious Retreat.
- MSJS Management Committee reserves the right of final say in all matters related to MSJS Shibir (Religious Retreat).
- If you are unable or don't wish to stay overnight and would like to visit during day time, then please mention that in comments while doing registration. Cost will be the same.
- For interstate registrants we will be providing airport pick up service. Our bus will leave by 8:30 AM on 10th April 2020 from Melbourne Tullamarine Airport therefore please book your flights accordingly. And return flight should be booked after 5:00 PM from Tullamarine Airport on Monday, 13th April 2020. Bus will leave Shibir venue by 2 PM for Tullamarine Airport. No other pickup / drop off facility shall be available.
- No food will be served by the Shibir Committee before Navkarshi and after sunset. Boiled water will be available. MSJS will bring chef(s) from India for this Shibir. Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be provided for all four days according to Jainism principles. If you are planning to do any Tapasya then please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org that we can make appropriate arrangements.
- Everyone will be able to do Daily Ashtaprakari Pooja as we intend to take 18 Abhishek Bhagwan.
- Please bring appropriate clothes. Shorts or similar inappropriate clothes are not allowed.
- As we get closer to the event, more information will be sent to all participants about what to bring, how to get there etc.
- MSJS is planning to provide child minding facility during Pravachan time of the Shibir. The facility will give peace of mind to parents with young children and babies so they can participate in the Pravachan. The confirmation of the child minding facility is subject to number of kids and availability of the resources.
- MSJS is planning to arrange special religious activities for children between age of 8 and 14.
- Please note that accommodation will be allocated by the Shibir committee by considering various criteria including registration date. All are requested to accept the committee's decision as final. Children under 3 years will not get a separate bed.