MSJS will be running the activity for children up to the age of 14 yrs, from 6th September 2018 to (start of Paryushan) to 24th October 2018 (end of Navpadji Oli).
Respected Shravak / Shravika,
Melbourne Shwetambar Jain Sangh (MSJS) is pleased to invite you and your family to the 18 Abhishek, Dhaja Rohan on the occasion of Melbourne Derasarji’s 8th Anniversary Utsav on 17th April 2016.
This year’s Derasar anniversary falls within the Chaitra Navpadji Aayambil Oli(14th April 2016 To 22nd April 2016). As such MSJS has organised both - Samooh Aayambil as well as normal meal (Sangh Swami Vatsalya) on that day.
RSVP is required for both Aayambil as well as Normal meal.
|18 Abhishek & Dhaja Rohan||09:00 am||
(All parking strictly at Masonic Hall. See instructions below)
Samooh Aayambil &
Masonic Hall - 124-126 Rowans Road, Moorabbin.
- For 18 Abhishek please come in Pooja clothes.
MSJS solely depends on support from community members by way of attendance, contributions, donations and sponsorship. To confirm your Nakra, select available options from the RSVP form for available labh or contact Himesh Doshi on firstname.lastname@example.org (0402 554 953). Nakras will be given on first come first serve basis.
Please note for all Nakra Labh the confirmation email will be provided by one of the finance team member along with the Bank account details where the money needs to be deposited. Please do not transfer money only for Nakra/Labh until you receive a confirmation.
The following are the Nakras for 8th Anniversary:
- Sadharmik Bhakti: Swami Vatsalya and Sangh Prabhavana - $201.00 sangh swami vatsalya and prabhavana (Many individuals can participate).
- 18 Abhishek (Bhagwan) - 72 nakras - $31 per Abhishek (Only 2 Labharti per Nakra)
- 18 Abhishek Manibhadra Yaksharaj - 5 nakras $31 per Abhishek (Only Gents would be able to participate)
- 18 Abhishek (Mataji) - 36 nakras - $31 per Abhishek (Only 2 Labharti per Nakra)
- Personal Pratima Ji for 18 Abhishek - $51 (Shubh Sarva Sadharan)
Please note that maximum of 2 person can participate in one Abhishek.
Following chadava will be given during 18 Abhishek on 17th of April 2016:
Chandra Darshan, Surya Darshan, Dhaja Rohan, First Bhagwan Prakshal & Chandan Pooja, First Manibhadra Yaksharaj Tilak, First Padmavati Devi Tilak & First Saraswati Devi Tilak. Arti Bhagwan, Manibhadra Yaksharaj, Padmavati Devi & Saraswati Devi.
18 Abhishek & Dhaja Rohan
Adhar Abhishek ( Eighteen Coronation/Oblations) is an auspicious ceremony that symbolically represents the pious ceremony of the coronation of Tirthankar with all His divine glory, energy, love and virtues within our heart and soul, thereby crowning & establishing His sovereignty upon our Soul.
During the Adhar Abhishek ceremony pure water mixed with eighteen different dravyas (special offerings ranging from precious metals to holy water from rivers to herbs & sandalwood), each having its own importance & significance, is individually & humbly showered upon Tirthankar pratimaji. The first nine oblations are to purify & cleanse the pratimaji of all the impurities (ashadnas) and remaining nine oblations are performed to energize the pratimaji. Midway during the ceremony we will invoke & attract the divine energy of the Tirthankar upon the pratimaji by performing specific hand mudras ( conducive antenna to attract the divine energy of the Tirthankar). In between the Adhar Abhishek ceremony a special ceremony of Surya Darshan & Chandra Darshan is performed wherein a replica of the Sun & Moon is presented before Bhagawan and thereafter to the Sakal Sangh. During the ceremony the importance & significance of each Abhishek would be explained. After the ceremony the Abhishek water is carefully collected and devotees are able to take this auspicious & energized water (naman) to bless their home, family members etc.
The Dhaja (flag) hoisted upon the Shikhar of the Jinalaya proclaims the divine presence of Tirthankar Bhagwan and it swaying in all the four directions affirms His sovereignty & blessings over the Universe. Every year on the anniversary of the Jinalaya the Dhaja is replaced and the benefactor family performing the Dhaja Rohan ceremony is gifted with the previous year's Dhaja( this Dhaja is the most sought-after auspicious treasure because it is the only souvenir & symbolic blessing that a devotee is able to take from the temple and treasure in his home).
Parking Ticket and Entry in Derasar:
- All are required to park their cars at Masonic Hall car park(124-126 Rowans Road, Moorabbin). In case car park becomes full, volunteer will guide you to park on Isabella street (near Masonic Hall) or Rowans Road.
- Upon parking in correct zone, collect ticket from volunteer at Masonic car park entrance.
- Everyone must walk quietly to Derasar.
- No Parking Ticket – No Entry.
- Derasar entry will be controlled and monitored by MSJS Management Committee.
- Family members without parking tickets will have to wait in garden area at Derasar until person with parking ticket arrives. Only exception will be parent with young child and/or with Pratimaji. Only 1 person with young child / Pratimaji will be allowed to go in.
- Exception applies for those who arrive by public transport.
- Please keep noise level as low as possible and DO NOT go on to street outside Derasar to make use of your mobile.
- Management reserves the right to change programme details and any of the terms and conditions due to unforceabale situations and physical limitations of the venue.
All are expected to fully co-operate with the team for this arrangement and help to keep our Derasar going for years to come.
Please accept our apology (Michchhami Dukadam) for any inconvenience this may cause. MSJS management team is determined to enforce this arrangement. So please co-operate without arguments.
- Overall: Vishal Shah - 0418 304 153
- Meal Arrangements: Jaydeep Sutaria - 0422 625 555
- Event and AV: Hardik Shah - 0425 006 674
- Pooja preparation: Mayur Katariya - 0430 431 152 & Miten Shah - 0433 370 189
- Donations: Himesh Doshi - 0402 554 953