Respected Shravak / Shravika
Considering the wonderful spiritual experience & success of Shibir 2015 & 2016 by Shree Deepakbhai Shah (Bardoli), Melbourne Shwetambar Jain Sangh (MSJS) with the support from Sydney, Perth, Brisbane and Adelaide Jain Sangh, is pleased to invite you to attend and participate in yet another Residential Swadhyay Shibir from 14th to 17th April 2017 (Easter holidays).
The topic of the Shibir is "Divine Prayers" – Based on Jay Viyray Sutra
સ્વાધ્યાય શિબિરનો વિષય - પ્રાર્થના નો મંગલમય પ્રદેશ" – આધાર જય વીયરાય સુત્ર
This time again, Swadhyay Premi Shree Deepakbhai Shah (Bardoli) and a team of musicians from India will lead us to embark on a spiritual journey through this Swadhyay Shibir and Prabhu Bhakti.
RSVP for Shibir 2017
- Topic "Divine Prayers" – Based on Jay Viyray Sutra
- Meals Provided
- Accommodation - 3 nights & 4 days
- Morning Ashtaprakari Pooja
- Special Activities for Children
- Child Minding Available
The Portsea Camp situated at Portsea in Mornington Peninsula, Victoria about 1 hour 15 minutes from Melbourne. The Portsea Camp, in addition to excellent beach view, provides group accommodation facilities with numerous function & meeting rooms and wealth of outdoor based activities. It is a perfect place for residential shibir. It also allows us to use their excellent kitchen facility to prepare meals according to Jainism principles using our utensils. For more information please visit their website www.theportseacamp.com.au
The Portsea Camp - 3704 Point Nepean Road, Portsea VIC 3944.
About Shree Deepakbhai Shah (Bardoli)
Swadhyay Premi Shree Deepakbhai Shah (Bardoli) and a team of volunteers from India will lead us to embark on a spiritual journey through this Shibir and Prabhu Bhakti.
From a very young age, Deepakbhai has been closely connected with Jain Sadhu Bhagwant for in depth studies in Jainism. He has been helping many Sadharmik around the world to learn and understand Jain Tatva Gyan via Shibir, Prabhu Bhakti and other religious events. He is well known for his Shasan seva by way of anchoring many religious events including Shibir, Tap Samvedna, Saiyam Anumodana and Shripal Mayna No Raas.
- This is a Jain Residential Shibir where all participants will have to follow all fundamental principles of Jainism.
- If for ANY reason, you are unable to attend the Shibir, the deposit money will be treated as donation to MSJS and same will NOT be refunded.
- Registration is transferable. In such case please advise the change of details before 28th Feb 2017. MSJS will NOT facilitate transfers.
- If you are unable or don't wish to stay overnight and would like to visit during day time, then please mention that in comments while doing registration. Cost will be the same.
- For interstate registrants we will be providing airport pick up service. Our bus will leave by 8:30 AM on 14th April 2017 from Melbourne Tullamarine Airport therefore please book your flights accordingly. And return flight should be booked after 5:00 PM from Tullamarine Airport on Monday, 17th April 2017. Bus will leave Shibir venue by 2 PM for Tullamarine Airport. No other pickup / drop off facility shall be available.
- No food will be served by the Shibir Committee before Navkarshi and after sunset. Boiled water will be available. MSJS will bring chef(s) from India for this Shibir. Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be provided for all four days according to Jainism principles. If you are planning to do any Tapasya then please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can make appropriate arrangements.
- Everyone will be able to do Daily Ashtaprakari Pooja as we intend to take 18 Abhishek Bhagwan.
- Please bring appropriate clothes. Shorts or similar inappropriate clothes are not allowed.
- As we get closer to the event, more information will be sent to all participants about what to bring, how to get there etc.
- MSJS is planning to provide child minding facility during Pravachan time of the Shibir. The facility will give peace of mind to parents with young children and babies so they can participate in the Pravachan. The confirmation of the child minding facility is subject to number of kids and availability of the resources.
- MSJS is planning to arrange special religious activities for children between age of 8 and 15.
- Please note that accommodation will be allocated by the Shibir committee by considering various criteria including registration date. All are requested to accept the committee's decision as final. Children under 3 years will not get a separate bed.
- MSJS Management committee reserves the right to amend any of the above and programs should circumstances change, without advance notice.
Shibir 2017 committee
- Overall management : Gaurav Vasa - 0430 530 403 & Dhaval Mehta - 0401 559 892
- Event management : Arpit Shah - 0420305948
- Meal arrangements : Bhavik Shah – 0430 068396
- Donations & RSVP : Himesh Doshi - 0402 554 953