Respected Shravak / Shravika
Considering the wonderful spiritual experience during Shibir 2015 by Shree Deepakbhai Shah (Bardoli), Melbourne Shwetambar Jain Sangh (MSJS) with the support from Sydney, Perth, Brisbane and Adelaide Jain Sangh, is pleased to invite you to attend and participate in yet another Residential Swadhyay Shibir from 25th to 28th March 2016 (Easter holidays).
The topic of the Shibir is "Harmonious Path to a Divine Life" – Based on Mannha Jinanam Sajjay describing 36 duties of a Shravak.
સ્વાધ્યાય શિબિરનો વિષય - "મંગલમય જીવનનો મધુર માર્ગ" – આધાર શ્રી મન્નહ જિણાણં શ્રાવક કૃત્યોની સજ્ઝાય (રચયિતા પુજ્યપાદ શ્રી ગણધર ભગવંત)
This time again, Swadhyay Premi Shree Deepakbhai Shah (Bardoli) and a team of musicians from India will lead us to embark on a spiritual journey through this Swadhyay Shibir and Prabhu Bhakti.
Shibir 2016 Committee, Melbourne Shwetambar Jain Sangh.
Shibir 2015 Feedback
People, who attended Shibir 2015 by Shree Deepakbhai Shah, had life changing and memorable experience. See below some of the feedback.
- Gaurang Shah - Thank you for organizing such a fantastic event. Hard work has paid off.
- Rinku Bhandari - Khub Khub Anumodna to all MSJS. Excellent Management, team work which was followed with all Jainism rules and requirement. It is unforgettable experience of my life and learn lot from Shibir. Prabhu Mahavir nu Shashan and Shashan na Vir Sainiko ne koti koti Pranam
- Priyank Shah - One of the best things happened in my life...i sincerely thank everyone who made this event possible.
- Saurin Shah - No words can express enjoyment that we had. It can be just felt. The Best Ever Shibir attended. Khub Anumodna to MSJS. Humble request to organize at least once year.
- Vishal Shah - One of the best event attended in my life... there was not a single point of error.
- Shreyansh Salot - Best experience of my life. Khub Khub Anumodna to whole team.
- Siddhi Mehta - Shibir 2015 is the best ever Spiritual Journey experienced by me & my family… I have no words to express how meaningful it has been to our lives…read more
- Sneha Mehta - This is my third attempt at writing this to you all. Every time that I started I have in the truest sense felt that my words don't do justice to what the experience of the whole shibir was....read more
Shibir 2015 in News
Read article published in Australian Indian Newspaper "Beyond India" & Gujarati Magazine regarding Shibir 2015
- Topic "Harmonious Path to a Divine Life" useful for our day to day life
- Meals Provided
- Accommodation - 3 nights & 4 days
- Morning Ashtaprakari Pooja
- Special Activities for Children
- Child Minding Available
MSJS has booked the same excellent venue The Portsea Camp situated at Portsea in Mornington Peninsula, Victoria about 1 hour 15 minutes from Melbourne. The Portsea Camp, in addition to excellent beach view, provides group accommodation facilities with numerous function & meeting rooms and wealth of outdoor based activities. It is a perfect place for residential shibir. It also allows us to use their excellent kitchen facility to prepare meals according to Jainism principles using our utensils. For more information please visit their website www.theportseacamp.com.au
The Portsea Camp - 3704 Point Nepean Road, Portsea VIC 3944.
About Shree Deepakbhai Shah (Bardoli)
Swadhyay Premi Shree Deepakbhai Shah (Bardoli) and a team of volunteers from India will lead us to embark on a spiritual journey through this Shibir and Prabhu Bhakti.
From a very young age, Deepakbhai has been closely connected with many Jain Sadhu Bhagwant for in depth studies in Jainism. He has been helping many Sadharmik around the world to learn and understand Jain Tatva Gyan via Shibir, Prabhu Bhakti and other religious events. He is well known for his Shasan seva by way of anchoring many religious events including Shibir, Tap Samvedna, Saiyam Anumodana and Shripal Mayna No Raas
- This is a Jain Residential Shibir where all participants will have to follow all fundamental principles of Jainism.
- If for ANY reason, you are unable to attend the Shibir, the deposit money will be treated as donation to MSJS and same will NOT be refunded.
- Registration is transferable. In such case please advise the change of details before 25th Feb 2016. MSJS will NOT facilitate transfers.
- If you are unable or don't wish to stay overnight and would like to visit during day time, then please mention that in comments while doing registration. Cost will be the same.
- For interstate registrants we will be providing airport pick up service. Our bus will leave by 8:30 AM on 25th March 2016 from Melbourne Tullamarine Airport therefore please book your flights accordingly. And return flight should be booked after 5:00 PM from Tullamarine Airport. Bus will leave Shibir venue by 2 PM for Tullamarine Airport. No other pickup / drop off facility shall be available.
- No food will be served by the Shibir Committee before Navkarshi and after sunset. Boiled water will be available. MSJS will bring chef(s) from India for this Shibir. Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be provided for all four days according to Jainism principles. If you are planning to do any Tapasya then please let us know at email@example.com so that we can make appropriate arrangements.
- Everyone will be able to do Daily Ashtaprakari Pooja as we intend to take 18 Abhishek Bhagwan.
- Please bring appropriate clothes. Shorts or similar inappropriate clothes are not allowed.
- As we get closer to the event, more information will be sent to all participants about what to bring, how to get there etc.
- MSJS is planning to provide child minding facility during Pravachan time of the Shibir. The facility will give peace of mind to parents with young children and babies so they can participate in the Pravachan. The confirmation of the child minding facility is subject to number of kids and availability of the resources.
- MSJS is planning to arrange special religious activities for children between age of 8 and 15.
- Please note that accommodation will be allocated by the Shibir committee by considering various criteria including registration date. All are requested to accept the committee's decision as final. Children under 3 years will not get a separate bed.
- MSJS Management committee reserves the right to amend any of the above and programs should circumstances change, without advance notice.
- Overall management : Dhaval Mehta - 0401 559 892 & Gaurav Vasa - 0430 530 403
- Event management : Divyesh Bhavsar - 0430 480 736
- Guest arrangements : Hardik Shah - 0425 137 671
- Meal arrangements : Kunal Karnavat - 0400 430 439
- Donations & RSVP : Himesh Doshi - 0402 554 953
Memorable Moments of Shibir 2015