Derasar 6th Anniversary 2014
Respected Shravak / Shravika,
Melbourne Shwetambar Jain Sangh (MSJS) is pleased to invite you and your family to the 18 Abhishek, Dhaja Rohan and Melbourne Derasarji’s 6th Anniversary Utsav on 8th and 9th March 2014. Once again, we will be blessed by the presence of Param Pujya Gurudev Shree Jinchandraji for this event.
MSJS Anniversary committee 2014
|18 Abhishek & Dhaja Rohan||09:00||am|
|Jinchandraji - Pravachan||14:30||pm|
|Pathshala Showcase and Kids competition||03:30||pm|
|Samooh Aarti and Bhakti Bhavna||19.30||pm|
|108 Parshvanath Poojan||12:00||noon|
|Aarti – Mangal Divo||17:30||pm|
Saturday, 8th March - 18 Abhishek at Derasarji and remainder of the program at Moorabbin Senior Citizen Club.
Sunday, 9th March - Moorabbin Senior Citizen Club.
Moorabbin Senior Citizens Club - 964 Nepean Highway Moorabbin VIC 3189 (Cnr of Exley Road) – Near Spotlight. Melway 77 E6, Public Transport: Moorabbin Station (Frankston line). Hall is located within walking distance from Moorabbin station.
- For 18 Abhishek and 108 Parshvanath Poojan please come in Pooja clothes.
Confirm your attendance (RSVP)
RSVP is now closed. Contact us at [email protected] for more information.
MSJS solely depends on support from community members by way of attendance, contributions, donations and sponsorship. To confirm your Nakra, please email [email protected] or contact Dhrupal Shah (0449979237). Nakras will be given on first come first serve basis.
The following are the Nakras for 6th Anniversary:
- Hall Sponsorship and events - $1001.00 each (Two nakra - different individuals can participate).
- Kids Competition Gifts - $501.00.
- Sadharmik Bhakti Swami Vatsalya - $301.00 for all meals (Many individuals can participate).
- Sangh Prabhavna - $101.00 (Many individuals can participate).
- 18 Abhishek (Bhagwan) - 72 nakras - $31 per Abhishek (Only 2 Labharti)
- 18 Abhishek Manibhadra Yaksharaj - 18 nakras $31 per Abhishek (Only Gents would be able to participate-2 Labharti)
- 18 Abhishek (Mataji) - 36 nakras - $31 per Abhishek (Only 2 Labharti)
- 108 Parshvanath Poojan - 100 Nakras - $31 per Poojan (Only 4 Labharti).
- Personal Pratima Ji for 18 Abhishek - $51.
Following chadava will be given during 18 Abhishek on 8th of March 2014:
Chandra Darshan, Surya Darshan, Dhaja Rohan, First Bhagwan Prakshal & Chandan Pooja, First Manibhadra Yaksharaj Tilak, First Padmavati Devi Tilak & First Saraswati Devi Tilak. Arti Bhagwan, Manibhadra Yaksharaj, Padmavati Devi & Saraswati Devi.
Following chadava will be given during 108 Parshvanath Poojan on 9th of March 2014:
Parshvanath bhagwan poojan 8 remaining nakras, Aarti, Mangal Divo & Shanti Kalash
18 Abhishek & Dhaja Rohan
Adhar Abhishek ( Eighteen Coronation/Oblations) is an auspicious ceremony that symbolically represents the pious ceremony of the coronation of Tirthankar with all His divine glory, energy, love and virtues within our heart and soul, thereby crowning & establishing His sovereignty upon our Soul.
During the Adhar Abhishek ceremony pure water mixed with eighteen different dravyas (special offerings ranging from precious metals to holy water from rivers to herbs & sandalwood), each having its own importance & significance, is individually & humbly showered upon Tirthankar pratimaji. The first nine oblations are to purify & cleanse the pratimaji of all the impurities (ashadnas) and remaining nine oblations are performed to energize the pratimaji. Midway during the ceremony Pujya Gurudev Munishri Jinchandraji Jinji Maharaj will invoke & attract the divine energy of the Tirthankar upon the pratimaji by performing specific hand mudras ( conducive antenna to attract the divine energy of the Tirthankar). In between the Adhar Abhishek ceremony a special ceremony of Surya Darshan & Chandra Darshan is performed wherein a replica of the Sun & Moon is presented before Bhagawan and thereafter to the Sakal Sangh. During the ceremony Pujya Gurudev will explain the importance & significance of each Abhishek. After the ceremony the Abhishek water is carefully collected and devotees are able to take this auspicious & energized water (naman) to bless their home, family members etc.
The Dhaja (flag) hoisted upon the Shikhar of the Jinalaya proclaims the divine presence of Tirthankar Bhagwan and it swaying in all the four directions affirms His sovereignty & blessings over the Universe. Every year on the anniversary of the Jinalaya the Dhaja is replaced and the benefactor family performing the Dhaja Rohan ceremony is gifted with the previous year's Dhaja( this Dhaja is the most sought-after auspicious treasure because it is the only souvenir & symbolic blessing that a devotee is able to take from the temple and treasure in his home).
108 Parshvanath Poojan
During the 108 Parshvanath Poojan we will perform ashta prakari pooja of individual Parshvanath Bhagwan 108 times.
100 poojan out of 108 can be reserved by contacting Dhrupal Shah via email [email protected] - Nakra of $31 per Poojan.
Remaining 8 poojan labh will be awarded as chadava on 9th of March 2014.
Samooh Aarti and Bhakti Bhavna
MSJS has organised Samooh Aarti and Bhakti Bhavna on 8th March 2014. We encourage gents to wear white kurta with ladies to wear red clothing.
Considering success of last three years stage activity for young children and encouragement it gave to our young ones, this year’s Anniversary committee has decided to provide same opportunity again to our young kids.
Children or group of children will have to prepare a Stuti, Sutra, Stavan, Jain Story or any other Jainism related material and present this on stage to the audience.
- The stage performance will take place on Saturday 8th March 2014 Afternoon. This competition will be for kids under the age of 12 in two groups as below: 1. Up to 7 years 2. 8 to 12 years
- Each participant can perform up to maximum of 2 minutes.
- Every child will receive participation gift.
- Three best performers (as decided by team of judges) in each age group will receive prize
- All parents are encouraged to prepare their children to present an item. This will provide children an opportunity to learn something about Jainism as well boost their confidence to present an item in front of many people.
Since we have limited time for the competition there be will be limited spots on offer, registered participants only will be able to participate on first come first served basis.
On the spot entries would not be entertained. So please register your kids’s entry by email to [email protected] by 28th February 2014.
- Dhvanit Shah - (M) 0430019014
- Darshil Mehta (M) 0433962650
- Dhaval Mehta (M) 0401559892
- Meal Arrangements:
- Kunal Karnavat (M) 0400430439
- Bhaven Visaria (M) 0433329250
- Pooja preparation:
- Akshay Shah (M) 0433372741
- Pallak Ghandhi (M) 0433180110
- Dhrupal Shah (M) 0449979237
- AV and Bhakti:
- Jignesh Shah (M) 0488737347
- Vikram Jain (M) 0412181668