MSJS will be running the activity for children up to the age of 14 yrs, from 6th September 2018 to (start of Paryushan) to 24th October 2018 (end of Navpadji Oli).
Respected Shravak / Shravika,
A Residential Jain Shibir is a fantastic medium to understand and explore Jainism philosophy whilst also reflecting upon our inner selves and our faith in a collective & cohesive manner within a particularly conducive setting.
After a huge success of Shibir 2009, Melbourne Shwetambar Jain Sangh (MSJS) cordially invites you to attend and participate in its 3 day residential Jain Shibir on
Philosophy showing practical ways to attain right path based on Panch Sutra
The action-packed Shibir will be conducted by world renowned Param Pujya Shree Jinchandraji (popularly known as Bandhu Triputi in India) who is well known for his ability to address people of all ages.
This Shibir will be held in an exceptional country style resort venue only less than hour from Melbourne on the weekend of 10th -12th March 2012. For more information on the venue please visit their website www.campaspedowns.com.au.
Tentative Programme Details
|Time||Fri - 9 Mar 2012||Sat - 10 Mar 2012||Sun - 11 Mar 2012||Mon - 12 Mar 2012|
|06:00 to 07:00||Yoga / Pranayam|
|07:30 to 09:30||Jin Pooja|
|08:15 to 09:15||Navkarshi (Breakfast)|
|09:45 to 10:00||Samooh Ratnakar Pachhissi Vandana||Samooh Adinath Vandana||Samooh Arihant Vandanavali|
|10:00 to 12:30||Pravachan on Panchsutra - Session - 1||Pravachan on Panchsutra - Session - 3||Pravachan on Panchsutra- Session - 5|
|13:00 to 14:00||Lunch|
|14:45 to 15:00||Tea|
|15:00 to 17:45||Pravachan on Panchsutra - Session - 2||Pravachan on Panchsutra - Session - 4||Official closure of Shibir and leave the venue.|
|17:45 to 19:30||Dinner|
|18:30 to 19:30||Dinner||Evening Pratikraman (Optional)|
|20:00 to 22:00||Kick off session for Shibir 2012||Stavan Antakshari||Quiz / Jain Housie|
MSJS has booked Campaspe Downs County Resort situated between Kyneton and Tylden only less than hour from Melbourne. Campaspe Downs provides group accommodation facilities with a wealth of outdoor based activities as well as numerous function and meeting rooms. It is a perfect place for residential shibir. For more information please visit their website www.campaspedowns.com.au
Donate to support our community
MSJS solely depends on support from community members by way of attendance, contributions, donations and sponsorship.
To donate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- No food will be served after sunset. Boiled water will be available. MSJS will organise a chef from India for this 3 day residential shibir. Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be provided for all three days according to Jainism principles.
- Please bring appropriate clothes. Shorts are not allowed.
- Management committee reserves the right to amend any of the above programs should circumstances change, without advance notice.
- The Yoga / pranayama session will be organised every morning which will help stretching the muscles, awakening the body, improving circulation and stimulating the mind. Everyone requested to bring a napkin or handkerchief for Yoga session.
- MSJS is planning to provide child minding facility during the Shibir. The child minding facility will give the free time and peace of mind to parents with young kids and babies so they can participate in the activities. The confirmation of the child minding facility is subject to number of kids and availability of the resources.
- If for ANY reason, you are unable to attend the Shibir, the deposit money will be treated as donation to MSJS and same will NOT be refunded.
- Children under 3 years will not get a separate bed.